Oct 8, 2008

more of the same

So my boy Elliot was tellin me he was up in this joke ass napspot tryin to catch his daily "z"s but them busta's up in there was jus bumpin mad ABC jamz from the early 90s so I had to look thems up cause it's been a straight minute since I peeped 'em.

check out these videos ...
Iesha
Playground

First off, they both use the hook from BBD's Poison (what's up with the intro to THAT video). Which makes sense seeing as Michael "Biv" Bivins of Bel Biv Devoe was the producer. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like that hook, but ... gonna use it three times??

Second off ... god DAMN those kids are young. I don't remember that, but that's probably cause i was 11 years old when them tunes dropped.

Thirdly, they using the same footage in both videos! Comon now ... have some self respect!

anyway, more of yer old school hip hop ...

Heavy D and the Boyz: Mr. Big Stuff
EPMD: You Gotz to Chill
Ultramagnetic MCs: Traveling at the Speed of Thought (provin kool keith has always been nuts)

not old school but a tight video ... at least watch till 1:30 ...
Hiero: Don't Hate the Playa

and cause kool keith is so brilliantly out of his goddamn mind
Dr. Octagon: Aliens

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nony - u gots to know...back in school we used to dream about this everyday

how could they not use the same shit


Boyz II Men, ABC, BBD