Apr 30, 2006

yea, you should take it too! (Sofie's rainy day rant)

Okay, you know I am not one for feminism, because I hate women just as much as I hate men. But I've been hatin' on men more recently due to a pussy-ass douche being.... well.... a pussy-ass douche to me, so I will say, "It's about fucking time that those assholes do some fucking work."

The article says it a little more eloquently than I do.

Warning: tangent eminent.

I've been tracking and discussing this medical advancement for some time with my students. Unfortunately, they ain't hearin' it because there is a race going for the boys to get as many girls pregnant as they can before graduation. I think the race is unfair, because many are on the 6-year plan, or may never graduate at all, and therefore can be in the running for decades!

Right now I have 4 pregnant girls, all 16 and under. I had to counsel one recently because she said she wouldn't breastfeed because "it's gross." I replied with, "I bet you let the boy that got you pregnant suck on 'em." Was that inappropriate? Whatever, I'm blunt; that's why I'm on the Bluntest. I went on to explain the benefits of breastfeeding versus the detriments of formula-feeding. I think I managed to change her mind in the end, which is what's important.

This leads me to tell you about the growth rate chart, and how doctors finally just now are realizing that they need to revamp it because it's primarily based on formula-fed children, who are inherently bigger and fatter than breastfed children. So for the last couple decades, breastfeeders have been told that their children are too small and need to be fed more. What a tangled web of deceit we weave........

BTW: Teflon is being sued by 15 states, claiming that the company covered up the harmful effects of perfluorooctanoic acid, which is released when you heat a pan to about the temperature needed to fry and egg. Again, something I've known about for years because it's been documented in killing pet birds.

Oh, and my last post was the 666th for the Bluntest. heehee.

No comments: