Jul 11, 2008

i.d.i.o.t.s.

Why do I feel like 90% of my time on The Bluntest is spent pointing out what idiots people are.

here's my latest find of idiocy, courtesy of "Luke Boggs a writer living in Alpharetta"

his story Obama's frequent regrets may make us sorry

anyone with a 3rd grade education (even an American 3rd grade education) can immediately see through/debunk this "article" ... my heightened annoyance stems from the combination of this being on Google News' main page and me being on my 5th beer. my favorite quote ...
So what jumped out at me was how quickly Obama regretted his decision. And that, in turn, made me wonder how often the senator has regretted other choices. Answer: pretty often. (Googling "Obama" and "regrets" yields more than a million hits.)

(the "decision" Obama regretted was to put his kiddies on the teevee)
Ol' Boggy then goes on to describe exactly three (3) times Obama has "regretted" something. One (1) for each year 2006-2008. First off, 3 regrets in 3 years for someone who is NEW to the scrutiny of the public eye is a pretty good record. Especially since one of the "Regrets" listed was letting his daughters be on Entertainment Tonight, or whatever show it was. I dunno, maybe there's a direct link there to National Security Policy I'm just not seeing. Just because Obama acknowledged making mistakes doesn't indict him as the only politicians who DOES make mistakes. Bush's M.O. has been the political equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming "NAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAH". Really, all of this makes me wonder; what is with this strange national obsession against a president showing humility? I understand the current precedence (of at least the past 8 years) is that our Commander-in-Chief does what he damn-well-pleases and not-never-no-how apologizes for anything. But ...... I mean, even conservatives don't like Bush anymore, so what gives? Have people already forgotten what happens when a head strong president does what he wants? We end up in 2 quagmire wars with no end and no purpose, a faltering economy and a severely damaged ecological state. If this is the best The Right can come up with against Obama, they should take those McCain campaign bucks and hire Karl Rove back. Though he's so busy ducking subpoenas from Congress he might not have time ...

oh, and i'm just taking a break from freelance work right now ... s'only reason i'm up and mostly sober at 3am ...

########ADDENDUM

the folks over at Bad Idea Blog read the same article and had a similar reaction.

No comments: