Aug 13, 2008

i'm still alive

damn pimperenel. thanks for owning the bluntest in my absence . i can type, albeit very slowly (with one finger) so excuse my lack of posting. yeah, so the doc said no surgery cause apparently my left elbow is shattered to such small pieces that it's not an option. awesome, when he told me that i literally had to lie down as it was like getting hit with a ton of bricks. there's not enough bone to drill into. if he was going to, he would have to break my other arm bone AND drill into cartilage. obviously, not doin' that. so the bones is staying where they is and we hope for the best. apparently my cast was set pretty good (at cook county, no less) and my bones are lined up really well. the bad news is that even after therapy, i might not get 100% use of my left arm back. that is in terms of reflexivity and degree of wrist turning. needless to say, i'm pretty bummed these days. i don't think i'll have bob-dole-arm, but it's still a drag. aye.
yesterday was bad. barely got out of bed. today is better, got up relatively early and have been working on the computer since noon. last night also recorded some drastic horns on the 6 cuts we (luckily) got done before the accident, so i'm feeling good about that.

oh, and that comment from ritch on my last post isn't a joke. the broken bone count for the drastics is now: drummer with 2 broke arms, and a guitarist with a broke shoulder. this is fucking unbelievable.

No comments: