Aug 11, 2008

Who is That Masked Douchebag?

So after reading about the new wildlife regulations that are to be published by the Department of Interior and Secretary Dirk Kempthorne (what a douche name), I got to asking myself, "Who is Secretary Douchebag?" So I did some digging. Ok, I checked out wikipedia. I'll highlight the important parts for you who don't like to click:

- He's from Idaho
- He hates the environment
- He was executive vice president of the Idaho Builders Association, not really a pro-environment group
- He holds the record for his position as Secretary for being the least active in putting species on the endangered list
- Early in his career, he was state public affairs officer for FMC, otherwise known as Food Machines and Chemicals. Sounds environmental to me.
- During his tenure at FMC, the corporation was rocked by the Ivan Boesky insider trading scandal. Coincidence? I think not!
- The guy who succeeded Kempthorne's senate seat was named Crapo. Apparently Idahoans only vote for people with funny/douchebag names.
- And apparently Dirk was such a douchebag Idaho had to change it's laws in order to stop him from taking corporate money while he was Governor. The law is called the "Bribery and Corrupt Influences Act".
- He's a douchebag

No comments: