Dec 16, 2008

bizarro day

So in a strange twist, Pimpernel yelled at me about my lack of posting. Well, ain't that a kick in the pants. I will admit I have been somewhat of a scofflaw in my posting frequency as of late, but with good reason. Mostly just been busy on other work, as well as some silly shit. So here we go on a short list of things ... cause the world needs LAUGHTER.

First off, we released another-couple-of-new tracks on the ol' Drastics myspace. Check that out here ... The tracks are (collectively) called "Fraudulent Parts 1 & 2" and are probably different then anything you've heard before. Kind of a modern rocksteady with hiphop rhymes on top of it. The second part is some dancehall, but like ... I dunno, if The Roots played dancehall? Cause it's live. So yeah ...

Let's see ... oh, also on the music tip, ex-Drastics guitarist Elliot Ross finally got around to puttin' up some tracks from our hip-hop project. Moongriffin. Phantom Crew of Intelligent Robots (yours truly) is on them beats ... ya heard? Again, you probably never heard some shit like this before ... think outsider artist hears one track by the Beastie Boys and one track by Kool Keith and decides to record some hip hop ... plus we gonna be puttin' some tracks up soon with the Intelligent Robots on the mic ... oh my! If you go listen this shizz start with "3 Dolla Bus Trick" ... that's the hit!

and then ... well, it's been a lot of freelance design work and thing ... the Drastics site is getting a complete overhaul, plus I've completed work on some websites n things. I gave my new buddy JT Nero a hand with his myspace page. He just had his CD release show last Saturday at Schubas (and was a Chicago Reader's Pick) and it was a darn good time. Well except for this wasted girl picking a fight with me and then her boyfriend getting into it. Fuckin a.

oh, and then for those of you who don't know, Drastic Bassman, Chris Merrill, was in a mighty strange accident as we were leaving the Hideout two Thursdays ago. Ol boy fell on some ice and broke his legsicle and tore a ligament. Damn. Chris went under the knife las Friday and is recovering (albeit painfully) from what he tells me. Why is the Drastics cursed?

and finally, here is a bitchin' font i found on my work computer labeled "TcatsHo" which is exactly what you think. A dingbat font of characters from the Thundercats. brilliant.

No comments: