Feb 11, 2008

Obama is for Lovers

So I found these on the Republican National Committee website (Ok, I saw one on Wonkette):




Not very creative in my opinion. Apparently the best the masterminds at the RNC could come up with to attack Obama is (in no particular order): 1) he's a liberal, 2) he hasn't been in the Senate that long, and 3) ummmm . . . I don't really know, maybe his voting record? And I can't forget the most important one. Apparently Republicans get pretty lonely because they have to use St. Valentine's Day as a way to take shots at the Democrats and in a not very clever way, either. Serious, if you didn't know that Obama is young, then you haven't actually seen him. If you didn't know he's a liberal, then you probably shouldn't be voting. And if you can decipher the third amorphous Valentine allegation (Valentallegation?) then you win a cookie.

So this leads me to this proposal. Someone with graphic design skills (Driznastic?), can you please make me a picture similar to the ones above but reads "Obama is for Lovers"? I'm thinking of getting some underpants made or something, hopefully in time for St. Valentine's Day. Nothing says romance like a Democratic Banana Hammock. It'll be awesome, I promise.

2 comments:

driznastic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
driznastic said...

i hate you can't edit comments in blogger ...

the yes/no/present is on his voting record ... he has voted "present" (my rough count, didn't double check) 122 times, which if i remember correctly is something like 80% of the total number of votes?

pretty much the same as abstaining from the vote (at least if understand our convoluted government system) ... which, in my humble opinion, is better than just voting along a party line with no opinion.

here's the man's voting record

i would like to guess that obama not voting on an issue is his way of saying, "look, i just don't know enough about it or have the time to properly prepare for the vote". but i don't really know. and again, i'd rather have someone sit out then vote with party lines just to push a party agenda. that is sheepism my friend. and yes i just made up that word.